March 2nd 2014 | SEPHARDIC WORLD ARTS DAY
• Sephardic World Arts Day opens up the LA Sephardic Music Festival with world food, music and free, hands-on, interactive activities for all ages.
March 2nd 2014 | YEMEN BLUES
@ THE LUCKMAN
• Yemen Blues coexist in both the past and the present; they are timeless and modern. Fronted by acclaimed vocalist Ravid Kahalani, the group mies the music of Yemen and West Africa with funk, mambo, soul, and ancient chanting styles. Conjuring up a rich and diverse musical palette with the use of percussion, oud, horns, and strings, their myriad influences carry over to the stage, where the ensemble navigates from the boisterous to the romantic and from joyous celebration to anguished balladry.
<> Buy Tickets @ http://bit.ly/1ieaXc3
March 5th & 6th 2014 | ucLADINO
@ THE UCLA
• The theme of ucLADINO’s third annual symposium is Judeo-Spanish revitalization efforts in all spheres and domains, with particular focus toward the 21st century. Renowned scholars, graduate students, professors and community activists from a variety of disciplines will present research and discuss programming efforts in Judeo-Spanish speaking communities across the globe.
March 5th 2014 | SARAH AROESTE
@ FOWLER MUSEUM AT UCLA
• International Ladino singer Sarah Aroeste travels the globe fusing both original and 15th-century Ladino (Judeo-Spanish) folk songs with her signature blend of rock, funk, and blues. Along with music collaborator Shai Bachar and a world-class ensemble of musicians, Aroeste comes to UCLA with her new multi-media Gracia project—a mix of experimental, feminist, rock-beat, retro-chic, Mediterranean-infused original Ladino songs— and will perform some of her signature pieces off her most recent album, including Enusenyo Te Vi and Gracia. One of few artists today who writes her own music in Ladino, Aroeste draws upon her family roots from Spain and Greece and works tirelessly to bring Ladino music back to life for a new generation. Bringing a fresh and inspiring modern sound to Sephardic music, Sarah Aroeste’s Ladino “Rock” style has helped to transform and revitalize a tradition.
<> Tickets: Free @ http://bit.ly/1cNKaMj
March 8th 2014 | ASAF AVIDAN
@ THE LUCKMAN
• Singer-songwriter Asaf Avidan has taken the international music community by storm with his unique brand of folk and blues and his signature vocal sound, reminiscent of jazz greats and rock legends alike. Following the release of his debut solo album The Reckoning and its subsequent catapult to gold certification, Avidan has garnered numerous accolades from around the world.THE L.A. SEPHARDIC MUSIC FESTIVAL: MARCH 2nd – 8th, 2014
<> Buy Tickets @ http://bit.ly/Jl8nBI
TO GET INVOLVED, EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
PLASE FIND ADDITIONAL INFO @ https://sephardicmusicfestival.com/events